Wednesday 14 September 2011

No pictures today...

...just things I'm into and how I think I remember getting into them.

1. Films: I have loved films since before I can remember. 'ET', 'Bambi' and 'The Neverending Story' are some of my first recollections of films. Then 'The Goonies' and 'Back to the Future' spring to mind too. They also remind me how old I am now and that I saw 'Bambi' in a hall somewhere when I was like 3.

2.Music: the 1st 7" I remember getting was Fuzzbox - Pink Sunshine. I had seen it on tv when I was around 6 I guess and seemed to be into it. Watching the video below and realising that it's shit is quite upsetting. But I did also really like the Beach Boys, so not all bad!


3. Skateboarding: It must have been 'Back to the Future' that got me into it. It's the only thing that I can honestly remember having skating in it. Aside maybe 'Police Academy 4'. I've never been any good, and I wanted a BMX after seeing 'BMX Bandits'. I was very fickle as a child.

4. Filming/Photography: We had a video camera for years, it acted as a VCR for the most part too. Taping stuff off tv like 'The Muppet Show' but also being used to capture early moments of mine and my sisters lives. In the mid nineties I tried to make my own version of the x-files with my neighbours. I don't remember it going so well, but I did wear a tie and run through a forest.

more soon, when I can think of something and not be distracted by 'Grand Designs'

No comments:

Post a Comment